Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Looking for change.

The last few years have been a bit difficult for me to deal with.  I am learning to cope and move on, but one thing I am having trouble with is change.  I understand the importance of change - it is necessary.  However, after many, many years of being beaten down emotionally, I am having an extremely hard time.  I want to make a change, but I am scared.  I realize everyone gets scared when change happens, but this is more than that.  I am scared to even take a chance.  I constantly ask myself what it would hurt to try.  I get a sick feeling in my stomach even considering it.  What if I make a change and I don't like it or it doesn't work out? What if I don't make the change - will I regret it for the rest of my life?

I am currently holding on the the hope of getting a promotion.  At the same time I am not happy here.  I feel like I am the punching bag for someones personal attacks and shortcomings.  I have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of staying and going.  I keep telling myself that it's time for me to move on and I believe it, but I haven't actually put in the effort.  I have searched and I found a few things that I think I could do, but then I think I might not be good enough, after all, my current boss calls me the worst executive assistant ever.  I don't even know why.  I do everything he asks.  I keep the stores clean and tidy.  I wait on customers even when I am in the middle of something he's asked me to do and other employees won't budge from their chairs.  I keep three flea market booths stocked to supplement his income.

I also want my husband to get a job.  He thought he could supplement our income by doing shows and flea markets all the time, but they haven't been successful.  I have convinced him to apply for a local factory job in hopes that it will lift some of the burden from my shoulders. I am hoping that after he gets a job, I won't feel so tired all the time.  I want to be able to start sewing more and selling more of what I sew.

Last night I got home from work and had to fix dinner because he hadn't thought about it.  After I fixed dinner, I went in my sewing room and started cutting squares to make corn hole bags.  I cut several, the got so tired I couldn't do anymore.  I was so mad at myself for wimping out.  I also knew that if I kept cutting, I would probably make a mistake.  So I finished up what I was in the middle of and then cleaned up the kitchen and put on my jammies.  I ended up going to bed by 10 p.m..  That worked out because Puma, my kitty, was going in for surgery this morning and had to be kept away from food.

I have been trying to set up a budget we can live with, but there just doesn't seem to be enough money right now.  I have also been trying to move things around to make it work, but the honey pot is nearly empty.  I have to break it to my friends that we won't be going on vacation with them this year.  It just isn't going to happen.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Things are really bad for alot of people right now. I am praying for you. Know that I understand because we aren't setting the world on fire right now.

It will be ok.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Maybe if you look for another job while you keep the one you have now. No boss should ever say such derogatory statements to their employee. And I know what it's like to not have help around the house. You come home exhausted and it would be nice to at least have dinner made. Good luck to you and I will be thinking of you. X