Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cha Cha Cha Changes....

Yep, things are changing.  I applied for a new job much, much closer to my home and I got it!  I had the 2nd interview yesterday which lasted for 45 minutes.  My new boss also mentioned seeing me on television.  I was embarrassed, but hey - it may have helped me!  He asked me what would make me stand out while he and his boss were going over the resumes.  My answer - "I'm the lady who isn't afraid to tie on the apron and get her hands dirty."  He was still giggling when I left!  I start July 8th.

This is kind of bittersweet though.  I had to face the fact that I had to tell my current boss I was leaving.  I know, I have complained about work for months, but I do like the work I do here.  Oh - I'm not getting wishy-washy - I am leaving.  I just find it difficult to tell someone who took a chance on me that I am moving on.  I thanked him for giving me a job, car and free jewelry, but also that it was time for me to move on.  We talked for about 20 minutes and he did tell me that because I told him in a professional way, didn't tell any of the other employees and that I was a good employee, I would be more than welcome to come back if the new job doesn't work out.  How nice was that.  No wonder I shed a couple tears.

As much as I dislike how he runs things and sometimes treats people, he has been a pretty good boss.

I am looking forward though, not back.  It is time for me to move on and that is exactly what I am doing.  I think it will be tough at first, until I learn the job, but I know I can do it and be good at it.  Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.  I am sure they helped me get this job.

No comments: