Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Shocking.....but not really

I blogged recently about only buying seeds from company's that honor the "Safe Seed Pledge". Well after doing some more reading and research, it has been discovered that they do indeed sell some products that have come directly from Seminis, a subsidiary of Monsanto! OMG. I'm shocked, well not really. Does this really surprise anyone that a company would hide behind a "pledge" just to have the ability to say "Gee, I didn't know"? In this day and age, it's more about the almighty dollar, not honesty. I will be doing better research next time. For now I will be limiting my purchases to two companies that I am pretty sure are honest.

Seed Saver's Exchange and Baker's Creek. I am sure there are others who are completely honest and truly believe in the 'Pledge", but until I am certain......

Good luck with seed buying and may you have a bountiful crop.

No comments: